Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Erin Martin Raises Her Voice Against Team Cee Lo!

voice1_wide.jpg
If the show was called The Look, former model and The Voice's former Team Cee Lo member, Erin Martin, would undoubtedly have been a front-runner. But after her disappointing rendition of The Bangles' ?Walk Like An Egyptian? on Monday night, which resulted in her Tuesday elimination, the quirky beauty promises she has talent, she's just not being heard. She tells In Touch, "I don't think my coach was listening to me or understanding me as an artist." Here's what else she told In Touch in her defense...

Did the judges say anything that stands out in your mind?
Erin: Yeah, a couple of things. Christina [Aguilera] said I should have worked the stage more and, you know, I came into this wanting to focus less on my look and more on my voice. I'm a Norah Jones, Billie Holiday, so, for me, to sing like Tina Turner is just wrong. I thought that after I auditioned with ?Hey There Delilah? ? which was very true to myself ? that's the direction my coach would take me, but instead he's taken me to this Vegas showgirl thing. They want me to belt and I'm not a belter.

So how do you go about fixing that?
Erin: You can't, there's nothing I can do about it. I have no creative control. This outfit, the choreography ? Christina said I should have worked the stage more and I should have worked the guys more, but we were all choreographed. I wasn't supposed to go stage left because you're supposed to do the steps they give you, so I did the best I could with what it was. It was more theatrical, which I think is fun for Cee Lo to be able to create these grand theatrical things, but I think it's really important to us that he keeps in mind who we are as artists ? and if you look at my iTunes records, you realize that this is not... you know, I put out acoustic records, so I just think this went down the wrong lane.

georgia mesothelioma north carolina mesothelioma attorney san francisco mesothelioma attorneys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make Wood Pellet Biomass